WILKIN COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
breckenridge Minnesota Avenue at 5th Street North C 1901 Railroad In Use Brick  
wolverton Corner of Howard Avenue and Front Street
(GPS: 46.560173,-96.734147)
C 1899 Residence None Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Breckenridge This station was on the SW corner of 5th Street and New York Avenue.
Brushvale  
Campbell Either this station predates the one below, or the one below is the same station only heavily modified.
Campbell This depot was on Pacific Avenue between 4th and 5th Streets.
Childs This town no longer exists. The station was on the east side of the main road, on the south side of the tracks. In 1901, in addition to the railroad station, there was an elevator, store, post office and saw mill here.
Doran This station was located on Pacific Avenue at 4th Street.
Elliot This station was on the southern border of Section 30, Champion Township.
Everdell  
Foxhome The depot was on the east side of Main Street.
Kent This station was on Harris Street just south of 3rd Street.
Lawndale  
Nashua This station was west of 2nd Avenue on the south side of the tracks.
Romney  
rothsay Built in 1879, this station was on Railroad Street between 1st Avenue SW and Main Avenue West at GPS: 46.474381, -96.284511. It was torn down in 2012 to make way for a new grain bin at the elevator site.
Tenney This station was between Rumford and Concord Streets.
Wotosco Spur This was located in the NE corner of Section 8, Sunnyside Township. The 1903 county map shows a spur here, but no station. Was there one previously?
Yarmouth Junction This was at the intersection of CR-9 and Township Highway 117 in the northeast corner of Section 19, Champion Township. Was there a station here?
1898 WILKIN COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Wolverton (GN) - The original location of this station was on the east side of US-75, just south of Lind Avenue. It was on the east side of the tracks.