WABASHA COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
wabasha ???? C ???? ???? In Use Metal  
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Bright Station Although the place name of Bright no longer exists, this location is on TWP Road 123 about 1/4 miles west of CR 71. The location was named after the property owners there.
Dumfries  
Elgin This station was on the north side of Main Street on the east side of the tracks (GPS: 44.130645, -92.252776). It was built in 1878.
Hammond The depot was on the east side of the Zumbro River just north of Main Street (near the intersection of Main and CR 68).
Jarretts Not sure if there was ever a station here. There was not one on the 1896 map, but there may have been one earlier or later depending on the size of the town during those times.
Keegan Station This location no longer exists. It was just below the northern border of Oakwood Township on what is today called County Road 11. The depot was on, or near, CR 11 approximately 7/10ths of a mile south of CR 69. According to the 1896 map, Keegan also boasted a post office and grain elevator.
Kellogg This combination station was on the east side of Smith Street between Belvidere and Winona Streets.
lake city This station was on the SW side of North 8th Street between W. Chestnut Street and Lyon Avenue.
Lake City Most likely a later replacement for the station listed above.
Mazeppa This station was on the south side of Walnut Street on the east side of the tracks.
millville  
Minneiska This station was along the river north of Second Street between Louisa Street and Centre Street. None of these streets exist here anymore having been replaced by US 61.
Plainview This station was located on the north side of 1st Avenue SW between 5th and 6th Streets SW. This is where the tracks ended. The Plainview RR became part of the C&NW in 1881.
Plainview This was most likely built to replace the station above in the same location. It was erected in 1914.
Thielman This station was on Zumbro Street (formerly Railroad St.) between Crawford and Snider Avenues.
Wabasha In 1896 the station was at the end of a spur on the river at the corner of Lawrence Boulevard and what is now MN 60. This location is under the bridge today just before the river. The freight house in the photo survived after the original two-story station was replaced by the depot listed below.
Wabasha  This station was built later on the same site of the station listed above. It was torn down in 1980.
Wabasha  
Weaver This depot was along the tracks directly across from where MN 74 intersects with US 61 now. Old Main Street was where US 61 is now and the station was on the east side of Main at the intersection with Plainview Street (now MN 74)
Zumbro Falls The depot was near the intersection of Main and Railroad Streets (according to the 1896 map).
1898 WABASHA COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

XXX (XX&X) - Text of the note goes here.