SCOTT COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
new prague North side of Main Street West. C ???? ???? In Use Wood  
savage 4800 West 123rd Street (south side of MN-13 at Ottawa Avenue). C 1880 Business None Wood
shakopee
AND
Corner of 2nd Avenue West and Scott Street South P 1909 Business In Use Brick
Valley Park West side of Stagecoach Road on the south side of the tracks
(GPS: 44.787472, -93.410853)
C ???? Railroad In Use Wood  
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Barden This station was in the vicinity of Stagecoach Road at approximately GPS: 44.787474, -93.410392. This location is now known as Valley Park.

"BARDEN, a settlement in section 12, Eagle Creek Township, was first named Sibley for Henry H. Sibley and had a Sibley station of the Sioux City and St. Paul Railroad under that name; it was then named Long Lake for a nearby lake; it received its present name in 1885 in honor of J. W. Barden, who was largely interested in grain elevators and other business enterprises here and hereabouts" (Stennett, Place Names of the Chicago and Northwestern Railways, 1908).
belle plaine Built in 1901.
blakeley Built in 1867.
Brentwood  
Elko  
Grainwood This station was between Prior and Long Lakes.
Helena
Station
 
Jordan  
Keating's Crossing This station was on the border of Sections 8 and 17 in Credit River Township.
Lawrence  
Merriam
Junction

AND
 
Mudbaden  
Prior Lake  
Prior Lake  
shakopee This is the original CM&St.P station and later served as a freight station. The passenger and freight stations were later shared by the two railroads when the new brick joint station was built in 1909.
St. Lawrence This village was in the NW corner of Section 26 in St. Lawrence Township.
1898 SCOTT COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Savage (CSt.PM&O) - This station has been moved twice from its original location. In 1973 it was moved to Murphy's Landing in Shakopee and then it was moved back to Savage in 2006. The book "The Chicago And Northwestern In Minnesota" (Luecke,  1990) claims this station was built in 1883.

Shakopee (CSt.PM&O/CM&St.P) - The passenger and freight stations were shared by the two railroads. The freight station was the original CM&St.P combination station before being used as a freight station when the new brick joint station was built in 1909. Here is another old photo of the 1909 passenger station.