|hills||Swanson Antiques, 2 miles west
of U.S. 75 on Rock County Road 20, NW of Luverne.
|Hills||214 South Main Street
(GPS: 43.527667, -96.359211)
|jasper||608 Hatting Avenue in Luverne
(GPS: 43.645697, -96.218515)
|luverne||106 E. Fletcher Street, between
Freeman and Cedar Streets
(GPS: 43.651737, -96.209034)
|manley|| Two miles NW of Beaver Creek at 935 40th Street
(GPS: 43.620233, -96.392970).
West 1st Street on the alley halfway
between South Church Street and South Water
(in the backyard of 116 South Church Street) in Hills.
|STATIONS OF THE PAST|
|Ash Creek||The depot was at the west end of Crey Street. It was built in 1899.|
|Beaver Creek||Built in 1878, this station was on the west side of North 2nd Street.|
|Bruce||This town essentially does not exist anymore. When there were streets here, the station was on Railroad Street just west of Main Street.|
|Hardwick||This station was on the north side of Main Street, on the west side of the tracks.|
|Kenneth||This station was on 1st Street between Main Street and 1st Avenue.|
|Kanaranzi||This station was on Railway Street just west of Sherman Avenue.|
|Luverne||Part of this station was moved SE of town off 140th Avenue where it served as a residence before burning down.|
|Luverne||This freight station sat on Fletcher Street.|
|Magnolia||This station was on the east side of Broadway Street between the main line and a siding to the north. It was built in 1899.|
|Manley||The first station here was a boxcar body with alterations.|
|Manley||This two-story combination station was built in 1895. After passenger service ended, it was later moved to a local farm where it remained for years. It was torn down along with the rest of the farm around 2000 after the owner of the property died.|
|1898 ROCK COUNTY RAILROAD MAP|
Notes About Existing Stations...
Hills (Illinois Central) - Now only the agent's bay and a part of the station remains. This part of the station was moved to a farm in Iowa and then returned to MN when Larry Swanson (in the photo) moved it to his antique shop in Luverne. The original location of this station was the east side of South Central Avenue when that street went through to the tracks.
Manley (CSt.PM&O) - This station was originally from Manley and was moved to Beaver Creek when that town's station burned. According to the 1914 map of the town, the separate Omaha and GN stations in Manley were virtually next door to each other on 4th Street (when the town had streets platted). The GN station was to the north of the Omaha station. Both stations were just to the west of the tower that controlled the crossing of the two railroads.
Steen (Illinois Central) - This station was originally on the west side of Main Street in Steen.