RAMSEY COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
lake harriet Lake Harriet Parkway near 42nd Street West R ???? Museum None ????  
new brighton
(Bulwer JCT.)
Long Lake Park, New Brighton. About one mile in the park from entrance off Old US 8 (MN-77). C 1887 Civic None Wood
north st. paul Now at Minnesota State Fairgrounds on the north side of Dan Patch Avenue (GPS: 44.981333,-93.17731). C ???? Museum None Wood  
rutledge Minnesota Transportation Museum, 193 E. Pennsylvania Ave., St. Paul C ???? Museum None Wood  
St. Anthony 2107 Commonwealth Avenue
(GPS: 44.981058, -93.189360)
C ???? Residence None Wood  
St. Anthony Park 1048 Everett Ave just east of the Raymond Avenue Viaduct C ???? Residence In Use Wood  
st. paul 730 Transfer Road
(GPS: 44.963075, -93.184636)
P 1971 Railroad In Use Brick
st. paul 240 East Kellogg Boulevard
(GPS: 44.947683, -93.086225)
P 1920 Business In Use Stone  
st. paul Off Kellogg Boulevard F ???? ???? ???? ????  
st. paul 400 East 4th Street, next to the US 52 overpass
(GPS: 44.952133, -93.080569)
F ???? Storage Gone Brick  
White bear lake 4751 US 61 at 4th Street
(GPS: 45.084894, -93.010487)
C 1930 Civic In Use Brick  
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Baker park The photo appeared in an 1893 book called "Buildings And Structures Of American Railroads: A Reference Book" by Walter Gilman Berg. The photo, which dates from 1891, shows two separate "twin" depots on each side of the tracks. One is Baker Park station and the other is Desrover Park station (see below, not sure which is which in the photo). Does anyone know the exact locations of these stations?
Bald Eagle  
cardigan junction This station sat within the triangle at the junction. This was located off Rustic Place which is west of Rice Street (CR 49). The depot was built in 1887 and included living quarters for the station master.
Cuenca This station was built in 1888. The RR brought it to Cardigan Junction as a Section House in 1917. Later, it was sold to a private party and moved east to Rustic Road where it was used as a house. It burned down in 2008.
Desnoyer Park The photo appeared in an 1893 book called "Buildings And Structures Of American Railroads: A Reference Book" by Walter Gilman Berg. The photo, which dates from 1891, shows two separate "twin" depots on each side of the tracks. One is Baker Park station and the other is Desnoyer Park station (not sure which is which in the photo). Access to the Desnoyer Park station was likely from St. Anthony Avenue as it borders the Desnoyer Park neighborhood and the RR tracks. Does anyone know the exact locations of these stations?
Gladstone
(Gloster)

AND
This station, known as Gloster, was NE of the corner of Frost and English Streets at the diamond of the SOO and NP. The station was manned by SOO operators in later years. The bay window stuck out on the northwest corner of the building so trains could be observed on both railroads. The building was in the southeast quadrant of the diamond. 
Hazel Park This station was four miles northeast of Union Station.
Highwood This station was on Newport Avenue (now Point Douglas Road) in St. Paul.
North St. Paul Burned down in 1906.
St. Paul This freight station was on East 7th Street.
St. Paul There was a combination station west of Jackson Street and south of Arlington Ave East. It was located on the lower track. In 1960 it had no electricity except for telegraph and phone lines and had an outhouse even though it was in St. Paul city limits. --Gordon Schmidt
St. Paul There was a freight station on Fillmore Avenue that was built in 1902.
St. paul There were two freight stations on Prince Street. The first was built in 1897 and a second was added in 1902.
St. paul There was a freight station on Robert Street that was built in 1891.
St. Paul The St. Paul, Stillwater and Taylor's Falls Railroad was built from St. Paul to Stillwater in 1872. The St. Paul station was on Westminster Road. The line became part of the St. Paul & Sioux City RR in 1880 and eventually became part of the C&NW.
St. Paul Built in 1881, it burned down in 1913.
White Bear lake This station was built in the early 1870s.
White Bear Lake
(LAke Park)
 
1898 RAMSEY COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

New Brighton (Soo Line) - This station was also known as Bulwer Junction. Station was moved to Long Lake Park in 1990 and now houses the New Brighton History Center.