PINE COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
askov Pine County Historical Society (Brograde Street at Bregnedalgade Street) C 1894 Museum In Use Wood  
bruno 21 Minnesota Street in Sandstone C 1913 School None Wood  
cloverton 1/2 mile west of town on Rutabaga Road F ???? Storage None Wood  
Denham South of the old ROW on Old Creamery Road, south side, about 200 feet west of Edgewood (Main) Street.
(GPS: 46.362767,-92.945994)
F ???? ???? None Wood  
finlayson Front Street just south of Findland Avenue
(GPS: 46.200582, -92.916082)
C 1894 Civic Gone Wood  
groningen
(Miller Sta.)
Moved to Ironhorse Central RR Museum  at 2480 Morgan Avenue, Chisago City in Washington County. C 1895 Museum None Wood  
hinckley 106 Old Hwy 61
(GPS: 46.015063, -92.943398)
C 1894 Museum In Use Wood
pine city North side of 3rd Avenue SE
(GPS: 45.827281, -92.968274)
C 194? Business In Use Brick  
rutledge Jackson Street Roundhouse Museum, 193 East Pennsylvania Avenue, St. Paul
(GPS: 44.962877, -93.094345)
C ???? Museum None Wood  
sandstone Relocated to where? C 1895 Residence None Wood  
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Belden  
Beroun This station was built in 1896. It was just north of the intersection of Pine County Road 127 and the railroad tracks.
Beroun This station replaced the one above in 1959. It was torn down in 1970.
Brook Park  
Brook Park This predated the station listed above.
Bruno This was the original two-story depot.
Denham  
Duquette  
Friesland  
Henriette  
Hinckley This modern station was east of downtown. It was gone by 1997.
Hinckley  
Hinckley The original station here burned in 1894 and was replaced by the station that is still standing.
Kerrick  
kingsdale This station was located on the NW corner of Kingsdale Road and Swedish Highway, about 1 mile into Wisconsin. (GPS: 46.244689,-92.259404). James Burt writes: "This was a portable depot moved from ??? to Woodboro, WI. In 1910 it was moved to Tripoli, WI. In 1944 the station was shortened and moved to Kingsdale, MN to replace the two-story Soo Station that was there. A section foreman bought it and turned it into a garage. I got the info on this from a retired Soo Line dispatcher who keeps track of the stations." As of 2014 the building had collapsed.
MArkville  
Mission Creek  
Nickerson  
Partridge
(Askov)
This was the station before the fire of 1894. After the town was rebuilt in the early 1900s, the name was changed to Askov.
Pine City  
Rock Creek  
Sturgeon Lake  
Willow River  
1898 PINE COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...