OTTER TAIL COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Clitherall 304 West Dunton, Battle Lake C ???? Residence None Wood  
dalton Lake Region Pioneer Threshermen's Association grounds. C 1893 Museum None Wood
erhard West side of Fergus Avenue (US-59) between State and Grove Streets
(GPS: 46.483804, -96.099113)
C ???? Business Gone Wood  
fergus falls 229 North Vine (NE corner of Vine and Cavour Streets)
(GPS: 46.284803,-96.07935)
C ???? Residence None Wood/
Stucco
 
fergus falls Corner of North Mill and West Cavour Streets. C 1897 Railroad In Use Brick  
fergus falls South Cascade Street between Junius and Hampden
(GPS: 46.279698, -96.072032)
C 1920  Business In Use Brick  
Otter Tail 22254 County 55 (Liberty Drive?), about 5 miles west of Henning, MN. C 1904 Residence None Wood
Parkers Prairie 905 SW 4th Street. C 1903 Residence In Use Wood
underwood Main Street C ???? Business Gone Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Almora This depot was on Aldrich Avenue (where 196th Street used to cross the tracks).
Battle lake The station was on the east side of Lake Avenue.
Bluffton This station was due south of the southern end of Center Street (near where Ball Park Road now dead ends at the tracks. The station sat on the north side of the tracks.
Carlisle This depot was on the south side of Broadway Street (one block south of 280th Street).
Clitherall This original NP station was on the west side of Oak Street, on the north side of the tracks. It was replaced by a smaller station at some point (which still exists).
Deer Creek This station was on2nd Street South, on the south side of the tracks.
Dent The station was on South Railway Avenue, NW of Main Street. It was on the SE side of the tracks.
Dopelius Dopelius does not exist any more. It was between Bluffton and New York Mills. It was 3.2 miles (by rail) from Bluffton and 4.7 miles from New York Mills. The station was on Austin Avenue at 4th Street (both streets now gone).
Elizabeth Station was sold and torn down for lumber.
fergus falls This is the first station that was built in Fergus Falls. It was built in 1883. Two subsequent stations burned and one was destroyed by a tornado on June 22, 1919.
Fergus Falls This was the station that was destroyed by the 1919 tornado.
Fergus Falls There was a large freight house on the west side of Whitford Street. It may have been demolished by the tornado of 1919.
French  
Henning This station was on Douglas Avenue between Front and Inman Streets.
Henning The original location of this depot was on Balmoral Avenue at 3rd Street.
Hobart  
Luce This station was on Main Street on the west side of the tracks. This is near where US 10 is now.
Mill Park  
New York Mills This station was on the west side of Walker Street south of Front Street.
Parkers Prairie The depot was on the north side of East Soo Street, on the west side of the tracks.
Parkdale  
Parkton  
Pelican Rapids  
Perham The 1912 map shows depots on both sides of 7th Street (SE, I think). This may be older and newer stations, or separate freight and passenger stations. The map did not indicate which was which.
Perham The older frame station was moved to a farmer's field and was there in the 1970s, but the current status is unknown.
Richdale This station was between Main and Luedke Streets (both gone, as is most of the town).
Richville  
Vergas  
vining This station was on Front Street at Hoff Avenue. It was on the south side of the through tracks.
Wall lake This appears to be the first station which was made out of a converted boxcar.
Wall Lake  
1898 OTTER TAIL COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Dalton (GN) - The original location of this depot was on Cedar Avenue at East Summit in Dalton.

Otter Tail (Soo) - This original location of this station was about half way between Main Street and Maple Street (now Lake Avenue North).

Parkers Prairie (Soo) - Station was moved south of its original location. Only the passenger section remains as the freight section was dismantled for lumber.