NOBLES COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
rushmore
(Miller Station)
At a farm just east of Main St. /CR-13 C 1879 Storage None Wood
worthington At the intersection of 11th Street and 1st Avenue C 1898 Railroad In Use Brick  
wirock In Worthington at Pioneer Village in Fairgrounds off Stower Avenue on the NW edge of town. C ???? Museum None Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Adrian This station was on the west side of Maine Street. The east end of this station was the original depot (1876) and then was expanded sometime later. According to the local elevator operator, the station was torn down by the last agent there.
Bigelow This depot was on the north side of 10th Street, on the east side of the tracks. The first station here was built in 1872 and a new one was erected in 1887.
Brewster
(Hersey)
This station was on the SW side of 10th Street. It was built in October of 1871. The station was supposedly moved to a farm when it had to be relocated due to improvements to MN-60. Can anyone confirm this with a location if it exists?
Brewster This appears to be a different station than the one listed above. Can anyone help identify it?
Dundee
(Warren)
The station was on the west side of Main Street. It was built in 1879 by the Sioux City & St. Paul. A later station was built in 1899.
Ellsworth This depot was on the east side of Broadway Street, on the south side of the tracks. This station was built in 1884 and enlarged in 1886.
Kinbrae
(De Forest)
This station was on Main Street (now Voss Avenue). It was built in 1880. The name of the town was changed from DeForest to Kinbrae in 1882.
Lismore This station was on the east side of 3rd Avenue. It was built in 1900.
Org
(Sioux Falls Junction)
This station was just to the NE of where Oliver Avenue crosses the old grade. The station was located near the transfer track that branched from the mainline to the NW. The station was built in the fall of 1886. Prior to 1890, the site and station were known as Sioux Falls Junction.
Reading This station was east of McCall Avenue. It was built in 1900. Prior to that a RR tool house was transported to the site and served briefly as the station.
Round lake This station was on the east side of Main Street. It was built in the fall of 1882.
Rushmore According to the book, "An Illustrated History of Nobles County," the first station was built in 1876. The first school here held classes in the waiting room of the station until a permanent school building was constructed around 1878. A new station was built in 1879.
Wilmont This station was on the east side of 4th Avenue, on the south side of the tracks. It was built in 1900 and church services were held in the station until the first church building was erected soon after.
Worthington This station was on the north side of 10th Avenue just east of Diagonal Road.
Worthington This station was built by the St. Paul & Sioux City RR in the summer of 1874 and when a new passenger station was built in 1898 by the CSt.PM&O, it became a freight house. The photo is from around 1890. Some sources say it was built as early as 1871.
1898 NOBLES COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Rushmore (CSt.PM&O) - The original location of this station was on the east side of Thompson Avenue.

Wirock (CM&St.P) - Moved from Wirock in Murray County.