|Austin||430 10th Street||P||1941||Business||In Use||Brick|
|Brownsdale||South side of Fremont Street SE between Oak and Johnson Streets.||C||????||Storage||None||Wood|
|Oakland||In Austin at Mower Co. Fairgrounds off 12th Street SW||C||1886||Museum||None||Wood|
|STATIONS OF THE PAST|
|Adams||The depot was on Commerce Street (formerly North Street) between 3rd and 2nd.|
|Austin||The original depot sat in the same general vicinity as the existing station on 10th Street (formerly Railway Avenue). On a map from 1896 the building is shown as a depot/hotel.|
|Austin||The first CGW station was on Jay Street between Franklin and Maple Streets. This location was the NE corner of 1st Avenue NE & 3rd Strett SE (3rd Street SE now ends a block south) at approximately GPS: 43.667661, -92.971383. The tracks ran north/south along the west side of 3rd Street SE.|
|AustiN||Built in 1958 and went into service on June 23rd of that year.|
|dexter||This station was on the west side of Main Street just south of Front. There were two sidings off the main line. The station was between the main line and the northern siding.|
|Elkton||This station was on the east side of CR-7 (670 Avenue) (formerly called Adams Street), south of Main Street. It was on the east side of the tracks.|
|Grand Meadow||The station was on the east side of Main Street (CR-102). It was built in 1871 and closed in the early 1970s. This was the oldest building in town.|
|Lansing||The station was between Main and Division Streets (the names have changed to numbers).|
|Le roy||This station was on the NW side of Broadway.|
|Le roy||In 1892, this station was on the north side of Main Street between West Street and CR-14.|
|Lyle||This station was on the north side of Elm Street. It was torn down in 1965.|
|Lyle||This station was on the north side of Oak Street. The CM&St.P and CGW stations were about 150 yards apart.|
|Lyle||The original IC depot in Lyle.|
|Lyle||After the station listed above was demolished as part of an Illinois Central modernization program, a small 8x8 foot Type "C" depot was built. This shelter was used as a flag stop with a red flag or lantern inside the door to flag down the mixed train that had either a coach or carried passengers in the caboose.|
|Lyle||This building was used by the Cedar Valley RR in the 1980s. Although the postcard pictured identifies it as a depot, it is hard to say if it served the Illinois Central as a freight station. The building is an Illinois Central standard tool house design. There was a space for a tool track cart trailer as well as tools. The building also contained an office space for paper work regarding yard work and for the train crew to sit while doing the local run between Cedar Falls and Albert Lea. See ICRR Employee Timetable (Iowa Division) May 17, 1936; and ICG Iowa Division Track Chart 1973. --Notes here and above listing by Mark Budka|
|Racine||The station was on the north side of Main Street.|
|Ramsey||In 1892, the station was in the NW corner of the diamond where the two lines crossed. The station was torn down around 1962.|
|Rose Creek||The station was on the west side of 3rd Street. It was built in 1878.|
|Sargeant||The depot was north of 310 Street (CR-1).|
|Taopi||The original CGW station was not at the diamond, but north of it about 150 yards.|
|This may have been a station or a "tower" controlling the diamond. As can be seen in the photo below of the CM&St.P station, both it and the CM&St.P station are in the photo.|
|Taopi||This station was east of the diamond.|
|Waltham||This depot was on the north side of Washington Street.|
|1898 MOWER COUNTY RAILROAD MAP|
Notes About Existing Stations...
Austin (CM&St.P) - State License Bureau.
Brownsdale (CM&St.P) - The original location of the station was on the east side of 590 Street (formerly Mill Street).
Dexter (CM&St.P) - This has supposedly been heavily modified and does not look like a station any more. Does anyone know for sure if this was the station?
Oakland (CM&St.P) - Moved to the fairgrounds in 1964 from Freeborn County.