MORRISON COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
little falls 200 1st Street NW
(GPS: 45.978255, -94.369840)
C 1900 Civic In Use Brick/Wood  
Swanville 4th Street, south side flanking the alley, 1/2 block west of De Graft Street
(GPS: 45.913343,-94.641783)
F ???? Storage None Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Belle Prairie  
Bowlus The depot was on the south side of Main Street, on the west side of the tracks.
Camp Ripley Jct.
(Topeka)
This location was previously known as Topeka.
Center Valley  
Curtis Siding This was midway between Cushing and Lincoln. Not sure if there was ever a depot there. It is shown on an 1892 map as a stop on the NP.
Cushing This station was gone by 1920.
Darling  
Flensburg The station was on Dove Road, just east of Maple Street.
Genola
(PIERZ)
The town of Genola is adjacent to Pierz and was originally named New Pierz when platted in 1908. The station was originally known as Pierz and then changed to Genola around 1915. In 1915, it was incorporated as Grainville but changed immediately to Genola, the name of a village in Piedmont, Italy. The station was torn down in the late 1970's and some of the pieces were used for a restaurant renovation in Pierz.
Gregory  
Hillman The depot was at the northern end of Main Street (now 372nd Avenue).
Lincoln
(McKinley)
The station was on the east side of the tracks near where Holt Road crosses the tracks today. Lincoln and McKinley were next to each other with McKinley on the west side of the tracks and Lincoln on the east. Both are essentially ghost towns now.
Little Falls There was an earlier St. Paul & Northern Pacific station here before the NP station was built in 1900. It was located on the south side of 4th Avenue NE between 5th and 6th Streets.
Motley In 1892, the passenger station was on the east side of 2nd Street (between Front and Main) and the passenger station was on the west side. A spur ran south from the mainline along 4th Avenue to a planing mill that was located on the bank of the Long Prairie River (just south of Cemetery Road). That branch was gone by 1920.
Randall The station was on Pacific Street at 3rd Street on the NE side of the tracks. The station is shown on 1892 maps which implies that it was built by St. Paul & Northern Pacific RR.
Royalton The station was on the north side of North 2nd Street when that street used to cross the tracks. That street's original name was Russell Street and it was later called Main Street. There was a station here as early as 1892, so it was probably built by the St. Paul & Northern Pacific.
Swanville This NP station was on the south side of 3rd Street between DeGraff and Rhoda Streets. There was a Little Falls & Dakota RR station at this same site in 1892 which may have served on into the NP years.
Vawter This station was gone by 1920.
1898 MORRISON COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Swanville (NP) - This is the freight section of the combination station that was here. The passenger side was reportedly torn down for lumber.