LE SUEUR COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
elysian Along bike trail in park. R ???? Civic Gone Brick  
le center ???? C ???? Business Gone Wood
new prague Main Street West between 3rd and 4th Streets. C ???? Railroad In Use Wood  
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Cleveland  
East Henderson This station was on Henderson Station Road (CR-34) about 1/4 mile south of MN-19. It was to the west of where the road turns from north/south to east/west. The station was built in 1867. This location is also known as Henderson Station.
Elysian This station was north of MN-60 between 1st and 3rd Streets. It was on the south side of the mainline with a siding to the south. The old flour mill was due SE.
Greenland  
Kasota
AND
Joint station.
Kilkenny The depot was just south of Oak Street on the west side of the tracks.
Le Sueur This station was between Oak and Maple Streets.
montogomery This station was east for 1st Street between Vine and Ash Streets.
Montgomery  
Mumford
(Doyle)
 
ottawa The station was on the east side of Ottawa Road south of Sumner Street. It was built in 1867.
St. Peter
(East St. Peter)
This station was across the river in Le Sueur County. It was on the south side of East Broadway Avenue (MN-99). The depot site is vacant today, but the tracks are still active. The first station here was built in 1867 and later served as the freight station when a new station was built in 1905.
St. Peter
(East St. Peter)
This was likely the first Omaha station.
Waterville The station was on the east side Reed Street South just south of Hoosac Street West. The M&St.L also had a branch line that ran on the north side of Lake Tetonka ending at the Tetonka Summer Resort Hotel and racetrack.
1898 LE SUEUR COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

XXX (XX&X) - Text of the note goes here.