KANDIYOHI COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Atwater 123 4th Street North C 1912 Civic None Wood  
kandiyohi 610 Highway 71 NE, Willmar C 1900 Museum None Wood  
New London 3rd Avenue SW between Oak and Norwood Streets
(GPS: 45.297712, -94.947614)
C 1885 Civic None Wood
spicer Lake Avenue North (east side of MN-23)
(GPS: 45.246711,-94.939749)
C 1890 Business None Wood  
willmar North side of Pacific Ave. SW (US 12) just west of 3rd Street SW P ???? Railroad In Use Brick  
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Atwater According to an 1886 map, the original St.PM&M station was north of the intersection of Pacific Avenue West and 4th Street South.
Blomkest  
Hawick  
Kandiyohi According to an 1886 map, the original station was at the corner of 5th and Atlantic (later the site of the expanded grain elevator grounds).
Lake Lillian  
pennock  
Priam  
Prinsburg  
raymond  
Regal
(Lintonville)
 
Roseland  
Russell  
Russell  
St. Johns
(Pennock)
St. Johns was the former name of Pennock. The original station was on 11th Avenue (now renamed) between Atlantic and Pacific.
Thorpe  
Willmar The original St.PM&M (later GN) station was in roughly the same location at the existing brick station on the north side of Pacific Avenue. This station may have also served the Willmar & Sioux Falls RR (also later GN) which came into town from the SW and connected with the St.PM&M not far from the station.
Willmar Freight station.
1898 KANDIYOHI COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

New London (GN) - The station was moved across town in the 1970s to become a permanent home for Boy Scout Troop 228. The building is owned by the troop’s charter organization, the American Legion.