ITASCA COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
calumet
AND
Hill Annex Mine State Park, 890 Gary Street C 1909 Museum None Wood  
grand rapids NW 3rd Street C 1898 Civic In Use Wood  
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Alder Minneapolis & Rainy River Railway. See "Jessie Junction" listing below.
Ball Club  
Bass Lake  
BigFork This was the first station at Bigfork.
BigFork This was the second station at Bigfork.
Blackberry  
Bovey  
Bovey The station was torn down in order to salvage the lumber.
Clarks  
Cohasset  
Coleraine This was the first depot in Coleraine.
Coleraine  
Collins  
Cooley  
Cort  
Coutny Road This station was 4.4 miles north of Deer River.
Deer River Begun as the Itasca Lumber Company RR, it became the M&RR RY in 1904 and closed in 1932.
Deer River  
Deer River  
Effie  
Fox Lake Junction  
Goodland  
Gunn  
Grand Rapids Was this a predecessor of the existing station?
Holman Junction  
Jaynes  
Jessie Lake  
Jessie Junction
(Alder)
 
Jurgenson  
Keewatin This station may have been reloacted to a lake for use as a cabin. Does anyone know for sure?
Kenny  
Kevin  
LA Prairie  
Mack  
Marble  
Marcell  
McVeighs  
Nashwauk  
Noyes  
Orth  
Pengilly  
Pengilly  
Philbin  
Pines This station was two miles north of Marcell and did not last long as it was originally a flag stop.
Round Lake  
Silverwood  
Soumi
(Albo)
 
Spring Lake  
Summit  
Swan River  
Swan River DMR&N
AND
D&W
This station was shared by the Duluth, Mississippi & Northern RR and the Duluth & Winnipeg RR.
Taconite  
Taconite  
Turtle Junction  
Warba  
Wirt
(Stanley)
Town originally called Stanley later changed to Wirt.
Weller's Spur This was five miles SE of Deer River
Zemple  
1898 ITASCA COUNTY RAILROAD MAP

Calumet (GN/DM&IR) - The original location of this depot was on 4th Avenue between Gary and Morgan Streets. In a 1941 state guide it was listed as serving both the GN and DM&IR RRs. Did the DM&IR have its own station at sometime prior?