GRANT COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
ashby Moved a short distance? C ???? Business None Wood
Herman At fairgrounds north of 7th Street between Vienna and Dresden Streets. C ???? Civic Gone Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Barrett This station was on the south side of Hawkins Avenue near Front Street.
Canestorp This town no longer exists. It was located near the intersection of CR 1 and Twp. Road 47, west of Elbow Lake. The station was most likely on Manitoba Avenue which paralleled the tracks.
Elbow Lake This station was on the east side of Central Avenue.
erdahl This station was located on the NW side of the tracks between the northern ends of Leonore (now 122 Ave) and Elm (now Cherry Key) Streets.
Hereford This town is virtually non-existent now. It was located in the northeast corner of North Ottawa Township, south of Mud Lake. The station was on Front Street between Main and East Streets (all now gone).
Hoffman The depot was on the NW side of Main Avenue (formerly called Lincoln Avenue).
Norcross This older station predated the existing station.
norcross This station's original location was on the SE side of Griswold Avenue. After it went out of service, it was moved to a farm on Route 9, about one mile north of town where it was used for storage. It burned down sometime around 2005-2007.
Thorsborg  
Wendell When the tracks went through town (before being rerouted south of town), the station was on the west side of South Main Street at Railway Avenue. The track bed through town is now Soo Avenue.
1898 GRANT COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Ashby (GN) - This station's original location was just east of the northern end of Larson Street.

Herman (GN) - This station's original location was between 4th and 5th Streets.