CHISAGO COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Bayport Almelund Threshing Show grounds on S.R. 95 C ???? Museum None Wood
center city Moody, Burns & Folsom Avenues
(GPS: 45.390773, -92.816214)
C ???? Restaurant Gone Wood  
groningen
(Miller Sta.)
Ironhorse Central RR Museum  at 2480 Morgan Avenue, Chisago City. C 1895 Museum Tourist RR Wood
North Branch About 6 miles east of North Branch at 38548 County 9 (Sunrise Road), about .4 miles south of MN 95 on the west side.
(GPS: 45.5063,-92.8440) 
F ???? Storage None Wood  
rush city North side of 4th Street east of South Dana Avenue
(GPS: 45.685413, -92.963797)
C ???? Railroad In Use Wood/
Steel
 
Taylors Falls 312 West Government Street
(GPS: 45.401145, -92.653376)
C 1902 Museum Gone Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Center City This was the original NP station.
Chisago City  
harris In 1888, the station was at the corner of Railroad and Division Streets. Not sure if this is the same station as the one pictured.
Lindstrom  
North Branch The station was on the east side of the tracks on the north side of Main Street (formerly 3rd Street).
Rush City This station was on the nroth side of 4th Street where the current depot structre stands at GPS: 45.685413, -92.963797.
Russell Beach This was likely only a platform with a station sign rather than a depot structure.
Shafer Built in 1894. When the railroad was removed in 1947 the building was modified to store the town's fire truck. It was then moved to the Iron Horse Central RR museum. An attempt to restore it was started, but never completed and it was dismantled.
St. Croix Station This station was on the eastern edge of Rusheba Township on the line from Rush City to Grantsburgh.
Stacy  
wyoming In 1888, the station was on the north side of Pennsylvania Avenue.
Wyoming A newer station.
1898 CHISAGO COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Bayport (CM&St.P) - Moved from Bayport in Washington County to Almelund.

Groningen (St. Paul & Duluth) - Originally from Groningen (formerly called Miller Station), this station was moved to Chisago City in 1981 from Sandstone in Pine County (where it was from 1966-1981).

Taylors Falls (NP) - This was the last of four buildings in town used for railroad passenger station purposes. The railroad was discontinued in 1948, and since 1950 this building has served as a meeting hall known as the Taylors Falls Memorial Community Center. It was formally dedicated under that name in 1953 as a memorial to five local servicemen who died in World War II.