|boy river||On Boy Lake. Boy Lake Drive NE, southest of
intersection with Orchid Trail.
|cass lake||????||C||1914||????||In Use||Wood|
|cass lake||US HWY 2||C||1926||Museum||Gone||Brick|
|federal dam||Little Log House
Hastings, MN (Dakota Co.)
|remer||MN 200 at CR 4||C||????||Vacant||Gone||Wood|
|STATIONS OF THE PAST|
|Cuba||This was somewhere near Schley.|
|Nushka||This station was in the Chippewa Indian reservation.|
|Santiago||This was somewhere near Schley. Schley, Cuba and Santiago were successive stations on the GN named to commemorate the Spanish-American War.|
|Walker||This station was on Front Street at North Fifth Street. It last used as a senior center and was torn down sometime between 2008-2010 to make room for a parking lot. The GN also used this station in later years.|
|1898 CASS COUNTY RAILROAD MAP|
Notes About Existing Stations...
Boy River (Soo Line) - The station was built 1912 and retired 1942. A 24'X56' replacement depot was installed in its place at its original location.
Federal Dam (Soo Line) - The museum where the station currently resides claims this depot was built in 1908, however that is incorrect as the line from Moose Lake to Plummer was built 1909-1910. This station was built in October, 1910. The Soo Line Rail Road was shut down after World War II and the building was moved to an Indian Reservation with plans for renovation. The plans fell through and the depot was sold to a private individual from Boy River. The depot was moved again to Boy River, Minnesota with the idea of making a restaurant out of the building. Once again, the plans fell through. The building sat vacant until 1998 when it was moved to the Little Log House Pioneer Village in Dakota County.