CARLTON COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Carlton North Avenue west of Grand Avenue F ???? Railroad In Use Metal  
Cromwell Second house on right, south of S.R. 73/S.R. 210
(GPS: 46.676518, -92.885183)
C ???? Garage None Wood
Moose lake 900 Folz Boulevard (south side of SR-71/27 east of Ironwood Avenue).
(GPS: 46.453899,-92.768732)
C 1909 Civic None Wood  
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Atkinson  
Automba Station burned in the fire of 1918.
Barker  
Barnum  
Blackhoof The station became a house after service but ultimately burned down.
Carlton
(NP Junction)
Originally called NP Junction, the NP, GN, and CM&St.P shared a station that was on North Street between Industrial Street and Grand Avenue. The NP completed its line from NP Junction (Carlton) to Brainerd, with the first train arriving on march 11, 1871.
Carlton  
Cloquet
AND
The original railroad here were the Duluth & Winnipeg RR and the St. Paul & Duluth. Since this picture is marked the "new" union station, it was probably built after the fire of 1918. Does anyone know for sure?
Corona  
Harney  
Harney This was the original Harney station.
Holyoke  
Iverson  
Kettle River Original station burned in the fire of 1918.
Mahtowa  
Moose Lake The original NP station burned in the fire of 1918.
Moose lake This was a temporary station erected after the fire of 1918.
Moose lake This was the new station.
Namadji  
Otter Creek  
Pleasant Valley  
Sawyer  
Scanlon  
Thompson  
Wrenshall This appears to be a later generation replacement station of some sort made out of an old boxcar.
Wrenshall  
Wright  
1898 CARLTON COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Cromwell (NP) - Station has been moved from its original location.