BENTON COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
East St. Cloud 555 East St. Germain Street C 1909 Railroad In Use Brick  
Oak Park 7 miles north of Oak Park at
15429 Benton County Road 67 (155th Street)
(GPS: 45.792223,-93.845934)
C ???? Residence None Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
East St. Cloud
Foley Built around 1882.
Parent This station was on the south side of the tracks and east of the north-south gravel road. Originally the station was also a general store/post office and the tracks were a double siding with a cattle pen and loading chute. From 1950 to closure the station was a small white wood (approx. 10 x 10) storage shed with the "Parent" sign attached. The location was named for the Parent family that lived near there.
Ronneby he station was originally built in 1882 in Collegeville and then moved to the town of Ronneby in 1900, and then decommisioned in 1958 and then moved to a farm northwest of Ronneby in 1959 where it sat for years. More recently (mid-2010s), the depot was disassembeld and moved to Watertown, MN where it was slated to be restored. Unfortunately, during the reassembly, a wind storm knocked it down and it could not be salvaged. 
Sartell  
Sauk Rapids This was the original depot in Sauk Rapids which was destroyed by a cyclone in April, 1886. Unfortunately, the photo shows the station right after the cyclone destroyed it.
Sauk Rapids  
St. Francis  
Rice  
Robert Siding  
Watab  
1898 BENTON COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Oak Park (GN) - Sold by the railroad in 1957.