WARREN  COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Current
Use
Date
Built
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Akeley ???? P Garage ???? Gone Wood  
Sheffield 75 Center Street C Museum 1880 In Use Brick  
Sheffield 65 Center Street P Vacant 1907 Gone Brick  
Sugar Grove West side of Forest Street between Race and East Mill Streets.
(GPS: 41.98281,-79.341459)
P Business      
North Warren 1 Railroad St. Off 62 N P Business ???? Gone Wood  
Warren West 4th Avenue near Beech Street F Storage ???? In Use Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Barnes A station is shown here on the 1912 county map, however by 1922 the timetable lists this as a flagstop.
Bear Lake  
Big Bend  
Cherry Run  
Cobham Station  
Columbus  
Corydon  
Dewdrop  
Donaldson Station  
Garland This station was near the north end of Main Street in 1878.
GarlanD Station
Grand Valley
Hemlock  
Hovers Station  
Irvineton
(Irvine)
IRVINETON
(Irvine)
This was the first station in Irvineton. It was between Main Street and Jackson Valley Street.
Irvineton
(Irvine)
This was the second DAV&P station in Irvineton.
Johnny Cake
(Gowango)
 
Kinzua May have also been used for MT Jewett & Kinzua and/or Olean Bradford & Warren RR. According to the Warren Times-Mirror on January 21, 1960, the station was torn down to increase visibility for traffic at the RR crossing there. 
Lottsville Photo shows station and mill.
Magee Station This station was where Magee Run empties into the Allegheny River in Deerfield Township.
Martin Station  
Newton Station  
North
Clarendon
Known as Clarendon Station on the 1878 map.
Pennsylvania
House Station
This station is shown ont he 1912 county map. It was int he SE corner of Broken Straw township.
Pine Valley A station is shown here on the 1912 county map.
Pittsfield The station was on the south side of Main Street (Old Pittsfield Road).
Pittsfield Station  
Roystone  
Russell
(Russellsburg)
In 1878 the station was on what is now Cider Mill Hill Road on the south side of the tracks.
Saybrook  
Selkirk Station  
Sheffield  
Spring Creek This station was on the north side of Old Route 77 on the east side of the tracks. A station is shown here on the 1878 map.
Stoneham  
Sugar Run  
Thompson Station  
Tidioute In 1878 the station was on the west side of Buckingham Street (formerly Depot Street) on the north side of the tracks.
Tiona A station is shown here on the 1878 map.
Torpedo  
Warren This station sat at the NW corner of Laurel Street and 4th Avenue. It was the second DAV&P depot, replacing the one at 4th Avenue and Beech Street which became a freight house. It was torn down around 1938.
Warren The photo shows the station before modifications were made around 1900. The station was built in 18
Weldbank This station was just SE of Clarendon.
Whitestown  
Youngville  
1895 WARREN COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Sugar Grove (Y&SG) - This station was on the Youngsville & Sugar Grove RR , which was incorporated around 1902 to build an 11-mile line between the two towns. The RR used ex-NY Elevated RR equipment as shown in the photo.  It connected with the NYC (DAV&P) in Youngsville. Originally it was intended to be a traction line, but it was never electrified. Operated 1919 open White 20-passenger bus on rails for a while. The Y&SG Street Railway was charted in 1902, operation commenced in Nov. 1903. Taken over by Warren County Traction Company 1909, Panama Traction Company in 1916. Line went to sherrif's sale in spring 1920. During the 1950s and 1960s the building served as borough offices and public library, now houses law offices (2nd floor) and a doctor's office.

Warren (DAV&P) - Part of this building was the original DAV&P passenger station. Later, the building was enlarged to serve as the NYC freight house.