UNION  COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Current
Use
Date
Built
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Allenwood 80 Railroad Street C Storage 1867 In Use Brick  
Delta Place
(Orphanage)
Off PA15 P Railroad ???? In Use Wood
Lewisburg 15 Railroad Street F Business ???? In Use Brick  
Mifflinburg North Fourth Street C Business ???? Gone Wood  
New Columbia Cemetery Street P Fire Dept. ???? In Use Brick  
Weikert At Kahley's Auto Sales on Barnett Road. P Storage ???? None Wood  
White Deer
AND
148 Depot Road C Museum 1910 In Use Brick
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Barber  
Biehl  
Blue Hill
(Northumberland)
This station was in what is now Shikellamy State Park. built in 1898, the station did not last long. The railroad considered expanding the station and renaming it Northumberland, but ultimately that plan was not approved.
Cherry Run  
Dry Valley Crossroads A station is shown here on the 1915 county map.
Fritz  
Glen Iron  
Laurelton Station This may have been another name for the Glen Iron station.
Lewisburg  
Lick Run There is a RR station marker shown ont he 1915 Union County map for Lick Run, however, this was likely only a flag stop or a small waiting platform as were the other stations listed on the WD&L: Clam Bake Springs, Mile Run, Zimmerman (Duncan), Tea Springs, Greens Gap. Carroll in Clinton County had a frame station. The Reading station at White Deer served as the eastern terminus and the station at Loganton in Clinton county served as the western terminus of this RR.
Lindale  
Millmont Built in 1874.
New Berlin Photos show the railroad station, freight building, car shed and yard area of the NB&W. This line was a narrow gauge short line that existed from 1904 when it was granted a charter to build, until 1926 when it was sold under financial hardships. First train ran on June 10, 1905.  The NB&W used the P & R station already at Winfield.
Pardee  
Swengle  
Vicksburg  
West Milton This station was demolished by Conrail in 1983.
Winfield
AND
This was a Reading station, but also used by the NB&W.
1895 UNION COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Delta Place (PRR) - This was originally the PRR depot at Orphanage, a flag stop on the PRR's Shamokin branch about 4 miles east of Sunbury. It was moved to Delta Place in the late 1980s.

White Deer (RDG) - The White Deer and Reading Station & Museum. Built in 1910 by the Reading RR who took over the line from the Catawissa, Danville, & Milton RR whose original station burned on October 9, 1909 (built 1872). In Feb 1910 a contract to build a new station was awarded to James Bennett company for $6257.37. New station was completed on July 21, 1910. Currently museum with rolling stock, etc. Central Pennsylvania Chapter NRHS Museum, also operates (very) short excursions. This was also the eastern terminus of the White Deer Valley RR - a narrow gauge lumber line. The Reading agent at the station also handled the freight and passenger business of the White Deer & Loganton RR here.