|
||||||||
EXISTING STATIONS | ||||||||
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
Station Name |
Original Railroad |
Current Location |
Type | Current Use |
Date Built |
Track Status |
Building Material |
More Info |
Hummels Wharf |
![]() |
299 North Old Trail Road (GPS: 40.827514, -76.837527) |
C | Business | ???? | None | Wood | |
Clifford | ![]() |
389 PA-24, Selinsgrove (GPS: 40.814475, -76.869948) |
C | Business | ???? | None | Wood | ![]() |
Selinsgrove | ![]() |
106 North High Street between Chestnut and Snyder Streets (GPS: 40.801239, -76.863112) |
C | Business | 1882 | In Use | Wood | ![]() |
STATIONS OF THE PAST | ||||||||
Station Name |
Original Railroad |
Notes | ||||||
Adamsburg | ![]() |
|||||||
Beaver Springs | ![]() |
This station and others on this line may have been built by the Sunbury & Lewistown RR depending on their dates of construction. Town was originally known as Adamsburg/Adamsburgh. | ||||||
Beavertown | ![]() |
This station was on the west side of South Center Street on the north side of the tracks at GPS: 40.752260, -77.169001. | ||||||
Benfer | ![]() |
|||||||
Clement Station (Shamokin Dam) |
![]() |
This station opened in 1888. It was the sole Snyder County station on the P&R/Reading RR. The station later served as junction of a spur south to the Pennsylvania Power & Light plant in Shamokin Dam, beginning in May 1946. The name of the station was changed to Shamokin Dam on 3-26-1947. Unknown when station was demolished and/or discontinued. The track was removed around 1983 and the right-of-way was obliterated by highway expansion in late 1980s. --note by Alexander D. Mitchell IV. | ||||||
Clifford | ![]() |
|||||||
Kreamer | ![]() |
This station was demolished in 1939. | ||||||
McClure | ![]() |
|||||||
Meiser | ![]() |
Photo from 1917. This station was on Globe Mills Road. The station was built in 1871 by the Sunbury & Lewistown Railroad. | ||||||
Middleburg | ![]() |
This station was on Main Street at Railroad Avenue (GPS: 40.787978, -77.041571). | ||||||
Pawling | ![]() |
|||||||
Paxtonville (Benfer) |
![]() |
The railroad changed the name of this station from "Benfer" to "Paxtonville" in 1905. | ||||||
Raubs Mills | ![]() |
Photo from 1917. | ||||||
Selinsgrove | ![]() |
The station here was destroyed by fire in 1881 and a new station (still standing) was built in 1882 as a replacement. | ||||||
1895 SNYDER COUNTY RAILROAD MAP | ||||||||
![]() |
||||||||
Notes About Existing Stations... Clifford (PRR) - Station is at Barry's Motor Kars and was moved there probably in the early 1950s. The owner has the original sign in storage and a reproduction sign displayed on the building. Selinsgrove (PRR) - Station was built by PRR 1882, but freight section expanded in 1900s, from original PRR 1881 drawings and dates. It has housed Stahl Sheaffer Engineering Services since 2007. |