POTTER  COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Current
Use
Date
Built
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Coudersport South West Street at West Maple Street
(GPS: 41.770613, -78.022286)
P Civic 1899 Gone Brick
Galeton South side of West Street between Unon Street and Industrial Park Road
(GPS: 41.731357, -77.653844)
F Storage 1894 Gone Brick
Genesee North side of PA244 (Commercial Street)
(GPS: 41.994937, -77.868472)
C Vacant ???? Gone Wood
Harrison Valley SE side of South Street SW of Main Street
(GPS: 41.939910, -77.648171)
C Vacant ???? Gone Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Austin The station was at the foot of Goodyear Street at GPS: 41.630320, -78.092683. It was destroyed in the 1911 Bayless Dam breach and subsequent flood which destroyed most of the town and killed 78 people.
Austin There was a new wood frame depot here by early 1912. It was a bit smaller than the original, but was built at the same location. A new freight station was also erected at GPS: 41.630334, -78.092187.
Berge Run  
Bingham  
Burtville  
Colesburg  
Conrad
(Hulls)
 
Costello  
Elmer  
Galeton This passenger station was on West Street near Industrial Park Road at GPS: 41.731275, -77.654162. In the photo, the freight station/office building on left is still standing, depot is gone.
Galeton There was a small passenger station of the south side of the bridge at the intersection of Germania Street and Bridge Street at GPS: 41.733049, -77.641826. This station is shown on the 105 and 1911 Sanborn maps.
Galeton This freight station was on the west side of Union Street just south of West Street at GPS: 41.732552, -77.650710. It was used by the Wellsville, Addison and Galeton RR in later years.
Gold  
Keating Summit Probably predates the station listed below.
Keating Summit  
Mills  
Mina  
Newfield Junction
AND
 
Raymond  
Roulette  
Ulysses A new depot was built here in 1911.
Ulysses  
1895 POTTER COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Galeton (B&S) - Also used as B&S and later Wellsville Addison & Galeton offices.