PIKE  COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Current
Use
Date
Built
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
There are no existing stations in the database for this county yet!

If you know of a station in this county please submit the information!

STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Bushkill The first Bushkill station was in use circa 1901-1908. It was wood frame with a wood platform. There was a separate freight building also made of wood.
Bushkill This newer cinderblock station was on the NW corner of Bushkill Falls Road and Route 209 (Milford Road, Bushkill’s Main Street) within Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. It was behind what is now “The Roost” deli and market (the former Turn & Cook Store) located 115 feet back from the intersection. It served from around 1908-1937. The tracks were removed in 1938. The station was freight only after 1927.  This was a concrete block station with concrete platform. The separate wood frame freight station was joined to the passenger station in the 1920s or 1930s. Only a bi-level concrete foundation of 85 x 25 ft. remains. 
Gleneyre The passenger station here was built in 1890.
Gleneyre There was a 12.5' X 30' X 12' freight station here that was built in 1886.
Kimbels This combination station was built by predecessor Erie & Wyoming Valley RR in 1865.
Lackawaxen
Mill Rift  
Parkers Glen Destroyed on August 22, 1955 by Hurricane Diane.
Pond Eddy
(Flagstone)
 
Shohola This station sat at Rohman Rd. and Richardson Street.
Built in 1852, the station was closed and abandoned in 1964 and razed in 1974. Here is a photo of it near the end of its life.
Shohola This station was located about 100 feet from the Erie Railroad Depot in the Village of Shohola. The fare was 5 cents to ride one way to the Glen or back to the Village. Built in 1886, this station  lasted until the 1970's and was used as a Bank for many years. The track gauge was 4' 3" with all materials and coaches salvaged and purchased for $20,000 from the Pennsylvania Coal Company Gravity Railroad that ran from Hawley, Pa to Scranton, Pa. Motive power was WATER and Gravity. The coaches were lifted up German Hill by a continuous cable system designed by John Roebling in 1850. The cable was powered by a turbine located in an the old mill just across the Shohola Creek from the Glen Depot.
Shohola Glen This was the Shohola Glen Depot located about one mile from the above station at the entrance to the Shohola Glen Amusement Park. It was also constructed in 1886 and used for more than twenty years. It was finally destroyed by hurricane Diane in 1955. 
Rowlands This combination station was built in 1864 and was destroyed in 1955 by hurricane Diane.
1895 PIKE COUNTY RAILROAD MAP