LYCOMING  COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Current
Use
Date
Built
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Chippewa South side of Narber-Fry Road just west of Beacon Light Road
(GPS: 41.237818, -76.777961)
C Residence ???? Gone Wood
Jersey Shore 112 Harris St. C Business ???? In Use Wood  
Pennsdale 127 Middle Street ? Residence 1892 None Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Antes Fort
(Jersey Shore)
The PRR never actually passed into Jersey Shore. The station was at Antes Fort. A trolley line connected the station with Jersey Shore. The station was still called Jersey Shore on the PRR even though it was actually in Antes Fort.
Antes Fort
(Granville)
In 1873 there was a passenger and freight station here. The passenger station was on Front Street at Pine Street (GPS: 41.190814,-77.224553) and the frieght station was just west of Walnut Street (GPS: 41.190903,-77.22216).
Bodines This station was built in 1890 and measured 20' x 40'.
Campbelltown  
Cammal  
Carpenters Station  
Cedar Run  
Cogan Station
(Cogan Valley)
 
Crescent Station  
Duboistown  
Ellenton This station was on the north side of McIlwain Road on the west side of the tracks at GPS: 41.539589, -76.800637. The station was moved a short distance in the early years when the main line was realigned. The station was partially torn down and a small part of the station survived for several years in a farm field nearby with the station sign hanging from it.
Fields Station  
Glen Mawr  
Halls Landing
AND
Also known as Hall's Station, this sat at the junction of the Reading RR and the Williamsport & North Branch RR.
Hepburnville  
Hughesville In 1873 this station was ont he east side of Academy Street.
Jersey Mills  
Langdon
(McIntyre)
 
Larrys Creek  
Level  
Linden  
Marsh Hill
Junction
This station was located at what is now the south end of Marsh Hill Road at GPS: 41.471414, -76.975560.
Masten  
Montgomery  
Mongomery A station is shown here on the 1873 county atlas.
Montoursville A Catawissa RR station is shown here on the 1873 county atlas. It was on the east side of Loyalstock Street on the north side of the tracks.
Muncy The first station here was made of brick, but the roof was blown off and the walls collapsed during a storm in 1883 (Philadelphia Times, June 19, 1883).
Muncy This station was located on West Penn Street across the tracks from the Keystone Company. Here are some other photos of the station showing how it weathered an explosion and flood.
Muncy The Sunbury & Erie RR built a station here in 1855.
Newberry In 1873 this station was on the north side of the tracks at Depot Street (at that time Depot Street ended at the station) (GPS: 41.234034,-77.051218).
Newberry Junction  
Nisbet  
Pennsdale
(Pennsville)
In 1873 the original station was on the east side of North Middle Road (Middle Street) on the north side of the tracks (GPS: 41.242225,-76.797322).
Picture Rocks  
Port Penn  
Powys  
Ralston This was the original station at Ralston. The photo dates from the 1870s.
Ralston  
Ralston  
Ramsey  
Roaring Branch  
Rocktown  
Saegers
(Bergers)
 
Slate Run  
Tivoli  
Tomb  
Trout Run In 1873 the station was a combination store/depot on the NE side of Liberty Street.
Utceter  
Waterville Depot and Carson's store shown in photo.
West Williamsport  
West Williamsport This station was next to the Keystone Glue Company.
 Williamsport
(S. Williamsport)
There was a small freight station on the NE corner of East Lincoln Street and Market Street at approximately GPS: 41.234215, -76.995015.
Williamsport
(Trinity Street)
This station was at the north end of Trinity Place (formerly Trinity Street) at GPS: 41.241010, -77.018936. The west end of the building was railroad offices. It was connected to the nearby Park Hotel (formerly the Herdic Hotel, which is still standing) via a wooden walkway that led to the depot platform. The station was built in 1871 and opened in 1872.
Williamsport
(Market Street)
The first station at this location was a small wood frame depot on the west side of Market Street between North Street and 5th Street at GPS: 41.243444, -77.003399.
Williamsport
(Market Street)
This second-generation brick station was on the south side of the tracks on the south side of 5th Street just west of Market Street. It was called the Market Street Station on timetables and located at GPS: 41.243368, -77.004080.
Williamsport
(Trenton Ave.)
This combination station was on Depot Street just north of Trenton Avenue at GPS: 41.236261, -77.052029.
Williamsport There was a large freight house on the north side of 5th Street (now Little League Boulevard) at the north end of Elmira Street at GPS: 41.242877, -77.008675. Originally a brick freight house, a large wooden addition was added sometime between 1891 and 1912. With this new configuration the brick portion served as the inbound freight house and wood section was the outbound part. The wood section was damaged by fire in August, 1938. It is unclear whether this part of the station was destroyed or subsequently repaired.
Williamsport In 1873 the Catawissa RR station was at the south end of Pine Street where the Susquehanna Riverwalk is today (GPS: 41.237754,-77.000234). This station was built in 1871
Williamsport
(Pine Street)
The P&R built this station in 1884 near the site of the original Catawissa RR station at the south end of Pine Street (GPS: 41.237754,-77.000234).
Williamsport The P&R freight house was on the east side of Pine Street between Front and Jefferson Streets (now both gone) at approximately GPS: 41.238429, -77.000554. This brick freight house was expanded sometime between 1891 and 1912.
Williamsport
(Arch Street)
There was a small passenger station and small freight house on the west side of Arch Street north of Boyd Street on the north side of the tracks. The passenger station was at GPS: 41.234368, -77.049774 and the freight station was at GPS: 41.234263, -77.050270.
Williamsport
(Maynard Street)
This station was on the east side of Maynard Street on the south side of the tracks at approximately GPS: 41.232297, -77.019173.  Although a very small station, it was designed by Frank Furness and built in 1883 (according to the Annual P&R Report of that year). It was primarily a boarding point for vacationers heading to Eagles Mere and Hecla Park. It may have also been used for Northern Central RR trains heading north. Passengers heading east boarded the train at Maynard Street and then bought their tickets at the Pine Street station during a short layover there. The station was closed by the Reading RR in 1940.
Williamsport  
1895 LYCOMING COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Chippewa (W&NB) - This was the original two-story station.

Pennsdale (W&NB) - Station is in original location, but was turned and now sits across the grade.