JEFFERSON  COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Current
Use
Date
Built
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Brockway Alexander Street and 4th Avenue
(GPS: 41.250248, -78.798626)
P Civic 1907 In Use Brick  
Brookville Western Avenue at 2nd Street
(GPS: 41.150617, -79.081218)
F Storage ???? In Use Wood  
Brookville North side of Lincoln Street west of McKinley Street
(GPS: 41.150651, -79.072954)
C Vacant ???? In Use Brick  
Reynoldsville Baxter Street north of US 322.
(GPS: 41.100670, -78.892733)
F Vacant ???? In Use Wood  
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Allens Mills
(Allen)
This station was on the west side of the bend in Allens Mills road after crossing Mill Creek coming from the east.
Beechton  
Big Run This station was on Station Street behind the Big Run Public School at GPS: 40.967724, -78.876898.
Bowersville  
Brockway This station was on the south side of Main Street on the west side of the tracks (GPS: 41.246729, -78.786971).
Brockway The PS&N had its own station, but also stopped at the Erie station as well (according to the 1915 PS&N timetable).
Brockway
AND
The Erie passenger station was at the corner of Depot Street and Bond Street (GPS: 41.245164, -78.785657). It also housed the RR offices here and was not right next to the tracks. The PS&N also used this station.
Brockway This freight station was just to the west of the passenger station/offices along the tracks at GPS: 41.245249, -78.786027. It appears that in later years only a portion of this station remained or a new smaller station was constructed (see photos).
Brockway This was the old BR&P station taken when Brockway was still called Brockwayville. It was at the same site as the existing station (GPS: 41.250248, -78.798626). When the new station was built, it served as a freight station.
Brookville The original passenger station here was on the west side of 2nd Street on the south side of the tracks (GPS: 41.150414, -79.081019). It appears on maps from 1887-1910.
Brookville On the 1923 map a new PRR passenger station is shown. It is on the west side of 2nd street on the north side of the tracks (GPS: 41.150599, -79.080672). It was in front of (on the east side) of the existing Allegheny Valley freight station.
Carrier Built June, 1893. Photo from 1896. Some old maps have Carrier located in Elk County, but it was in fact in Jefferson County at GPS: 41.287800, -78.835100.
Carrier This was a Ridgway & Clearfield RR station located at GPS: 41.290970, -78.835050.
Cloe  
colon  
Conifer Terminus of the Conifer Branch.
Coulter  
Crenshaw  
Dora  
East Branch  
Elbell  
Falls Creek Shown on the 1878 map as the first station in Clearfield County on this line in Brady Township. Demolished in the early 1980s. This station was on Slab Run Road in the NW corner of the diamond at GPS: 41.142127, -78.794597. Although most of falls Creek is in Jefferson County, the PRR and BR&P stations were just over the line in Clearfield County.
Falls Creek The BR&P station was in the SW corner of the diamond just south of where F.C. tower still stands today (as of 2015) off Slab Run Road. It was at GPS: 41.141886, -78.793969.
Harveys Run  
Hunts run Was on the Conifer Branch.
Indian Camp  
Keystone  
Knoxdale  
Mauk  
Mc garys Was on the Conifer Branch.
Norman  
Port Barnett  
Pueblo Station The Brookville Railway ran from the junction of the Brookville Branch to east of Pueblo Station. It also indicated that the line was operated by the PRR and leased by the Allegheny Valley. The line was 12.08 miles long.Other sources say the RR was shut down in 1905 and bought that year by the PRR then subsequently torn up in 1907. This may have been a logging-only RR and may not have had passenger service. Here is a map showing the Brookville Railway.
Punxsutawney Sat near Groundhog Plaza. Torn down in 1997 or 1998.
Punxsutawney Freight station
Ramsaytown  
Reitz  
Reynoldsville The passenger station was on the north side of West Main Street on the east side of the tracks at GPS: 41.100302, -78.893137.
Reynoldsville Built in 1899, this station was on north side of the the SW end of 4th Street below Jackson Street at GPS: 41.095902, -78.891836. It was torn down on July 24, 2014.
Ringgold This was a flag stop between Dora and Timblin.
Smith Summit This shelter-type station was near the Arch Street tunnel south of Brockway at approximately 41.235472, -78.799958.
Sprankle Mills  
Stanton Was on the Conifer Branch.
Sugar hill  
Sulger
(North)
The three stations around Sulger were likely shelters or flag stops.
Sulger  
Sulger
(south)
 
Summerville  
Tait  
Timblin  
1895 JEFFERSON COUNTY RAILROAD MAP