WYANDOT COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Current
Use
Date
Built
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Carey East Findlay Street P Business 1908 Gone Wood  
McCutchenville 7331 Baseline Road, just east of McCutchenville. P Residence ???? None Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Carey This station was located on the east side of the tracks near the intersection of Findlay and Columbus Avenues.
Carey This was the Big 4 freight station on the north side of East Findlay Street. It was torn down in 1998.
Carey The depot was on the east side of North Vance north of Brown Ave.
Crawford In 1879 the combination store/post office/depot was on the south side of Township Highway 103 on the east side of the tracks (GPS: 40.91815,-83.350557). At this time the railroad was the Columbus & Toledo RR.
Deunquat  
Edenville  
Harpster There were two HV stations at Harpster. The first was burned down by children playing with matches around 1917. The second was built to replace the burned station in 1918. That station was torn down in early 1980s. Harpster was formerly known as Fowler City/Pitt P.O. In 1879, the Toledo & Columbus station was on the south side of Maumee Street on the northeast side of the tracks.
Lovell In 1879 the Columbus & Toledo RR station was on the north side of County Highway 42 (formerly Salem Street) on the southeast side of the tracks (GPS: 40.890819,-83.331589).
Kirby In 1879 the station was on the south side of the tracks between Main Street and Jackson Street (GPS: 40.811832,-83.419592).
Nevada This station was on the west side of Goodbread Street on the north side of the tracks.
Sycamore This station was on what is now the east-west section of North Pennington Street just west of Sycamore Street.
Sycamore This station was on the west side of Griffith Street, just north of East 7th Street.
Upper Sandusky
AND
This station was in the NE corner of the PRR/CHV&T diamond at the intersection of Chief Street (formerly Railroad Street) and W. Hicks Street (GPS: 40.824941,-83.291624). The CHV&T Hotel was across the tracks in the NW quadrant. The station faced the CHV&T tracks, but a long platform wrapped around the side of the building on the south side to serve the PRR tracks. The station was built by the CHV&T with the PRR moving into the station later after closing its station on 7th Street (see below). A station is shown here on the 1879 map when the line was the Columbus & Toledo RR. There was also a freight station on the north side of Johnson Street on the east side of the tracks (GPS: 40.826224,-83.291667).
Upper Sandusky The PFt.W&C passenger station was on the SW corner of Hicks and 7th Street (GPS: 40.824689,-83.283148). That building was later used as a RR maintenance building and office after the PRR moved into the CHV&T station around 1900. The passenger station was torn down around 1920. The freight station was just to the west on Hicks Street between 7th and 8th Streets on the south side of the tracks (GPS: 40.824649,-83.283792).
Upper Sandusky  
Upper Sandusky The CHV&T freight station was on the north side of Johnson Street, on the east side of the tracks.
Wharton In 1879 when the village was still called Whartonsburg, there was a CS&S station on the north side of Sandusky Street on the southeast side of the tracks (GPS: 40.861578,-83.463424).
Wharton Moved from its original location on West Sandusky Street on the east side of the New York Central tracks to its final location fff Cass Street (GPS: 40.862077,-83.462791) . The depot was moved in the late 1950s, when passenger service and the signaling system were taken off the line, to make room for the new post office. It was used by Boden's Garage for storage for several years before it collapsed around 2012-2013. The north end of the building was missing and it had been modified with large opening to accommodate vehicles.
1898 WYANDOT COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

McCutchenville (T&OC) - Originally the station was located in Senaca County on the north side of town on the east side of Route 53 where the Heritage Cooperative office building is presently (2011) located. It was moved from the original site to its current location around 1952. It still has the original wood flooring, walls and interior doors. the lower level was once a garage, but has been expanded and converted into additional living space.