NOBLE COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Current
Use
Date
Built
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Brister SR 78 and 564
east of Caldwell
C Museum ???? None Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Ava The C&M (PRR) station was along the tracks between Main and Monroe Streets. There was a school house, livery, and pool hall on the same block according to a 1911 map, but these structures were gone by 1923.
Belle Valley The C&M (PRR) had a passenger station and freight station along the tracks perpendicular to Main Street. Sometime between 1905-1911 a new station was built here in roughly the same location. The new station may have served both the PRR and the OR&W as is had bay windows on both sides (the two lines were parallel here).
Belle Valley  
Caldwell This station was on Spruce Street just west of Cumberland Street.
Caldwell This station was at Main and Railroad Streets.
Dexter City This station was on McKee Street just south of Wall Street between a siding and the main tracks. Across the tracks was Duck Creek. This is the location of a community park now.
Dudley  
Glenwood  
Hiramsburgh  
Hiramsburgh Station This early station was between Ava and Belle Valley near what is now Coal Ridge.
Matrom This town is now gone. It was between Dudley and Caldwell.
Mt. Ephraim There were some efforts to save this station but it was ultimately torn down in the early 1980s.
Sarahsville The station sat on Depot Street which no longer exists.
South Olive This station was on the west side of North Street just south of Front Street. These streets have since been renamed.
Summerfield This station sat a block southwest of Cross Street due west of the Cross Street intersection with High Street.
1898 NOBLE COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Brister (Replica) - At oil well museum east of town. This is a replica of an Ohio River & Western station.