MORGAN COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Current
Use
Date
Built
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
This county has no existing stations.
if you know of one, please submit the information.
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Bishopville This station was on the south side of Main Street on the west side of the tracks. It is hard to tell where this exact location is today as all the streets have changed.
Durant This station was on the east side of the intersection of CR-9 and Old River Road.
Eagleport This station was on 3rd Street (now gone) on the NE side of the tracks.
Hooksburg Station This station was on the west side of the Muskingum River. Passengers reached the station from Hooksburg via a ferry that was a short distance north from the station.
Malta-
McConnelsville
This Ohio River & Western station, built sometime before 1896, was on Front Street NW between 3rd (formerly called Bell St.) and 4th (formerly called Center St.) Streets. This station was originally a passenger and freight station, but later a freight station was built next door. By 1926 only the original station remained and the freight station was demolished.
Porterville  
Rose Farm The depot was in the vicinity of Rose Farm Road (CR-75) just north of SR-669. The station was north of where the tracks crossed Black Fork Creek (GPS: 39.739299,-82.076486). There were coal mines to the north and south of the station.
Roxbury
 
Stockport This station was on the south side of Main street on the west side of the tracks (GPS: 39.549001,-81.789774).
Triadelphia This station was on the east side of High Street at Center Street on the south side of the tracks. I believe this location is now the intersection of North Price Road NW and Township Road 1001 (GPS: 39.698635,-81.965008).
Wolfes Station
(Burnfield)
There is a railroad station on the 1902 map that is SE of Bishopville (on the map the station has no name). It is on the property of Morris Wolfe in the north central area of Section 26 of Homer Township. The station is on the SW side of the tracks along Hyde's Fork. Later this location was known as Burnfield.
1898 MORGAN COUNTY RAILROAD MAP