|Alexandria||West corner of Liberty Street & Main Street (SR-37)
|Granville||425 South Main
|13104 Mitchell Road||C||House||????||None||Wood|
|Johnstown||110 Track Street.
|National Road||Between Hebron and Jacksontown on US 40 at CR-327 (Lancers Road) on the
north side of the road.
|Newark||25 East Walnut Street
|6750 Outville Rd. SW.,
|Utica||NE corner of Church & Central Streets
|STATIONS OF THE PAST|
|Avondale||The Avondale Hotel served as the station here. The first station (which may have been the hotel) is shown on maps from 1875 when the line was the Newark, Somerset & Straitsville RR.|
|Clemons||This station was two miles east of Alexandria.|
|Columbia Center||The original B&O station was at the south end of Railroad Street SW where it used to end at the tracks. (GPS: 39.996705,-82.695288)|
|Hebron||This station was located at the intersection of North and West Streets.|
|There was an earlier station here that predated the one that is still standing. Maps from 1875 show a station at the same location (on the east side of the tracks on the north side of National Road). Either that, or the existing station is older than originally thought.|
|Newark||This station was just to the NE of the corner of South 1st Street and Yearly Street (formerly Franklin Street) between the tracks (GPS: 40.05712,-82.397126). It was built in 1878 and demolished 1989. According to the B&O 1888 Annual Report the waiting room was enlarged that year and a freight transfer shed was added.|
|Newark||This freight station was on the corner of North Canal Street (now market) and South 1st Street. (GPS: 40.057416,-82.398775)|
|Newark||The freight station was just west of the passenger station on Walnut Street across 3rd Street (GPS: 40.055094,-82.401621)|
|Newark||The first station here was a house owned by Lucius Smith, a wealthy pioneer citizen of Newark. This house was located on South 3rd Street on the south side of the tracks (according to "Centennial History of the City of Newark and Licking County, Ohio" by Edwin M. P. Brister published in 1909).|
|Pataskala||The original B&O station here was on the east side of Main Street, on the north side of the tracks. (GPS: 39.9962,-82.674968)|
|This joint station was located on the west side of Main Street on the south side of the tracks. It was burned by vandals in the early 1970s.|
|Utica||The first B&O station here, according to maps from 1875, was a combination depot/warehouse that was near the corner of Maple Street and North Main Street. (GPS: 40.238875,-82.451888)|
|Vanatta||Town was originally called "Vanattasburg."|
|Weiant||There was a station that served the workers at the Weiant Greenhouses near Newark. I am unsure whether it was a RR station or an interurban line. Does anyone know for sure?|
|1898 LICKING COUNTY RAILROAD MAP|
Notes About Existing Stations...
Alexandria (T&OC) - Moved from original location into town.
Croton (T&OC) - Moved from town in 1940s.
National Road (NS&S) - The Newark, Somerset & Shawnee eventually became part of the B&O.
Newark (PRR) - On National Register of Historic Places. Owned by a non-profit organization.
Outville (B&O) - he B&O Outville station has been moved approximately 1/4 mile west of it's original location (on the east side of Main Street on the south side of the tracks) and is now inside the Harrison Township Maintenance complex. It was moved in 1963. It was restored in 2005. It is behind locked gate, best to visit during the week when the gate is open.