|Mentor||8455 Station Street on SE side of tracks.
(GPS: 41.678847, -81.338208)
|Mentor||East Side of Station Street on NW side of tracks.
(GPS: 41.679126, -81.338486)
|Painesville||475 Railroad Street
(GPS: 41.733416, -81.243608)
|Perry||4204 Main Street
(GPS: 41.757367, -81.138919)
|Willoughby||37900 Depot Street
(GPS: 41.645054, -81.410272)
|STATIONS OF THE PAST|
|Heisley Station||There may have been a station here in the very early days of the RR. This was where Heisley Road crosses the tracks east of Mentor.|
|There may have been a station here in the very early days of the RR. This was where Lane Road crosses the tracks west of Perry.|
|Madison||This station sat on the east side of SR 528. It was used by the Lake County Road Department prior to being demolished in 1999. This was the original station which was moved across the tracks (to the north side) and connected to the original freight house upon construction of a newer brick station across the tracks (on the south side) sometime around the early 1900s. The original freight house was located at GPS: 41.775730, -81.045416.|
|Madison||This brick station was demolished sometime prior to 1997. Access to the brick station was via Safford Street by crossing the NKP tracks. It was located at GPS: 41.775695, -81.044521.|
|Madison||The passenger station was on the east side of SR 528 and on the south side of tracks at GPS: 41.774853, -81.046198.|
|Madison||This freight station, built in 1882, was on the west side of North Lake Street (SR 528)
(GPS: 41.774805, -81.047715). A group was working on taking the depot apart piece by piece than moving it behind the old fire station #1 and restoring it. It was previously fixed up some, but again fell into disrepair. The process was delayed a few years ago due to insurance issues with NS railway and their budget. It was torn down by the railroad on 8/8/2016.
|Mentor||The station was on the east side of Center St. on the north side of the tracks. It probably started as a passenger station and later served as a freight station as only one station building is shown there on 1941 maps.|
|Painesvile||A frame station existed here before the stone station was built in 1893. It was essentially in the same location (on the north side of Railroad Street) as the station that replaced it. It was moved across the tracks next to the original freight station on Storrs Street to make way for the new passenger station. It served as a freight station until both freight stations were demolished.|
|Painesville||The passenger and freight stations were on the west side of State Street.|
|Painesville||The passenger station was on the SW side of Richmond Street next to the power plant. The freight station was farther to the SW of the passenger station.|
|Reynolds||There was a small passenger shelter here.|
|Willoughby||The freight station was on the south side of Stevens Boulevard on the north side of the tracks (GPS: 41.646296,-81.409051).|
|Willoughby||The passenger and freight stations wer on the west side fo Erie Street with the passneger station on the south side of the tracks (GPS: 41.64424,-81.407447) and the freight on the north side (GPS: 41.644352,-81.407833).|
|1898 LAKE COUNTY RAILROAD MAP|
Notes About Existing Stations...
Mentor (LS&MS) - On National Register of Historic Places. The building is currently a restaurant and has housed several different ones over the years.
Mentor (NYC) - Original LS&MS freight station was damaged by derailment and replaced. On National Register of Historic Places.
Painesville (LS&MS) - This station replaced the original wood frame LS&MS station. Design is of Richardsonian Romanesque style and came from the firm of Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge of Boston. The whole roof has been replaced and the ceilings have been drywalled. Bricks were added outside of the depot to make a walkway. The depot is now called the "Painesville Railroad Museum" and is operated by the Western Reserve Railroad Association. Learn more at http://painesvillerailroadmuseum.org/
Willoughby (LS&MS) - Moved from its original location which was on Depot Street closer to Erie Street. The building was moved prior to 1952.