HARRISON COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Current
Use
Date
Built
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Freeport John Marstell Park P ???? ???? None Wood
Scio 112 E. Main P Business ???? None Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Bowerston The first station here was at the end of Water Alley northwest of Grant Street. This station is shown on a map of the town from 1875. (GPS: 40.427723,-81.19077)
Bowerston
AND
This station was located on Erie Street between the W&LE and PRR tracks. There was a freight station with a long wooden platform and walkway on the south side of the PRR. Here are two more photos.
Cadiz This combination station sat on Lincoln Avenue just south of the intersection with Spring Street. There was an engine house and turntable near the depot (to the south) so the train could turn around and return to Cadiz Junction in German Township. (GPS: 40.27495,-80.999494)
Cadiz Junction

As of 2005 the old pump and power house still stood at the site. The station is gone.

Conotton
(Mastersville)
 
Conotton  
Germano Station This station was ont he north side of Annapolis Road at approximately GPS: 40.410176, -80.932553.
Hopedale
Jewett
AND
This station sat on the south side of Water Street between Cadiz Street and W&LE Street. There was a wooden incline or stairs leading up to a platform along the PCC&St.L tracks.
Kenwood  
Piedmont  
Pittsburgh Junction  
Scio This station was on the west side of Main Street (SR 646) just north of College Street.
Tippecanoe Built around 1879 when the Cleveland, Tuscarawas Valley & Wheeling (later part of the B&O) first came through the area. It was torn down in the 1940s.
Unionvale  
1898 HARRISON COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Freeport (B&O) - Can anyone confirm if this is still standing in the park?

Scio (W&LE) - This used to sit right across the tracks from the old PRR station. It has since been moved and the PRR station demolished.