|Wheeling Ave & SR 209||P||Business||????||In Use||Stucco|
|Cambridge||Wheeling Ave. & SR 209||F||Business||????||In Use||Wood|
|Cambridge||Wheeling Ave & 4th St.||F||Storage||????||Gone||Brick|
|Gibson||60704 Salem Rd.||C||House||1853||Gone||Wood|
|STATIONS OF THE PAST|
|At some point after 1910 the C&M line was rerouted between Guernsey and Kimbolton. The old line followed what is today Guernsey Valley Road (CR-86) into Birds Run (formerly called Bridgeville). The line then followed Wills Creek back east to Kimbolton.|
|Formerly known as Hartford.|
|Byesville||This combination station was on the north side of Main Street.|
|Cambridge||According to an 1886 map, the original B&O station was on the track side of a triangular block at the intersection of 5th Street, Main Street and National Road (Dewey Ave.). On a 1892 map, the depot is shown on the first floor of this same building referred to as the "Depot Hotel." Its address was listed as 444 Wheeling Avenue. According to an article in the Marion Star (4-25-1901), the depot was demolished in a derailment on April 25, 1901.|
|Cambridge||The original C&M depot was on the northwest corner of 4th Avenue and Wheeling (on the opposite side of Wheeling from where the Union Station would be built). In later years this original station would serve as offices for the C&M railroad. This building was torn down in the early 1900s and would have sat directly east of the current PRR freight station. There was an earlier C&M freight station which was at the corner of N. 4th and Stuebenville. In later years (circa 1910) that depot was demolished and location was empty until the Farm Bureau Warehouse was built on that site in the 1920s.|
|Cassell||This station was on the east side of Banty lane (TWP-1473), on the north side of the tracks. (GPS: 40.007915,-81.659655)|
|Cumberland||This station was located between Main and Water streets. It later served as a freight station only.|
|Cumberland||This station was located on Mill Street east of Broadway Street.|
|Formerly known as Wheeling.|
|Morgan's Junction||The photo is very old as this station was closed in 1892.|
|Pleasant City||This station was on the south side of Main Street west of Caldwell Street. It was on the west side of the tracks. In later years it served as a freight station after passenger service was discontinued.|
|The town was formerly called Millwood and the name appears on the B&O timetable from 1867. The depot was on the west side of SR-513 at GPS: 39.968195, -81.301041. After it was torn down it was replaced with a metal structure.|
|Tyner Station||Although the photo is identified as a telegraph station, this may have been the passenger station/ticket office as well.|
|1898 GUERNSEY COUNTY RAILROAD MAP|
Notes About Existing Stations...
Cambridge (B&O/PRR) - Union depot. See below for description of the original B&O and C&M passenger stations.
Gibson (B&O) - This station also served as a post office and general store. The current owner bought the run down station in the late 1960s and restored it into a beautiful home.