GEAUGA COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Current
Use
Date
Built
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Aultman Century Village, 14653 East Park Street, Burton P Museum 1878 None Wood
Middlefield S. State & Sperry Sts. C Civic ???? Gone Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Burton
STATION
This station was on the north side of Burton-Windsor Road. The station was on the west side of the tracks. (GPS: 41.489308,-81.100988)
Center Road This flag stop station was on the west side of Claridon-Troy Road, on the north side of the tracks. This is in the north central part of Claridon Township. Maps from 1900 show a depot here. (GPS: 41.561051,-81.144097)
Chardon This combination station was at the end of Court Street where it ended at the tracks west of Washington St. This station may have been built by the P&W, a predecessor of the B&O. Sanborn maps showed no seperate freight station here.
East Claridon  
Geauga Lake Original Geauga Lake station.
Geauga Lake This station was on Depot Rd./Lake Drive near the service entrance to Six Flags Amusement Park. This station replaced original two-story wooden Erie station (listed above). The station was stucco and sat abandoned for years until its demolition in early 2003. (GPS: 41.352821,-81.370985)
1898 GEAUGA COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Aultman (B&O) - Moved from Aultman, OH in Stark Co.

Middlefield (B&O) - Moved about 100 ft. from orig. location. Now chamber of commerce.