|Coshocton||NE corner of 5th Street and Walnut Street
(GPS: 40.272566, -81.863321)
|Coshocton||SE corner of 5th Street and Walnut Street
(GPS: 40.271923, -81.863349)
|Cambridge Road &
(GPS: 40.270059, -81.852016)
|Fredericktown||US 36 west of SR 93
in West Lafayette
|STATIONS OF THE PAST|
|Coshocton||The earliest station here was likely a rented building in the 1850s for the Steubenville & Indiana RR (a predacessor of the PCC&St.L). That RR was always in financial trouble, so the first proper station wasn't built until the PCC&St.L days.|
|The original PCC&St.L station was at the same site as the existing station but a few feet to the north closer to Main Street. This station also served the Connotton Valley RR. There was a platform that led from the station SE to a platform along the Connotton Valley RR spur. On the 1905 Sanborn Fire map, this original station is gone and the "new" station is on the grounds. The new station was likely built around 1903.|
|Coshocton||This wood frame station burned down in 1928. It was built around 1903 to replace the original PCC&St.L station.|
|Coshocton||This station, built in 1910, was at the west end of Orange Street right at the northwest corner of Orange and 6th Streets (GPS: 40.271149, -81.861957). The tracks here were in the middle of Orange Street and ended near the PCC&ST.L line (the W&LE leased the land for its stations here from the PCC&St.L). Passenger service ended at this station in 1931 and then at the East Coshocton station in 1932.|
||The Connotton Valley RR had a freight station at the west end of Orange Street near Hickory Street (GPS: 40.271114, -81.863354). It was built in 1886 and torn down in 1970 after serving a moving and storage company for many years prior.|
|Coshocton||In 1910 a new, larger freight station was built by the W&LE near the SE corner of Walnut and Hickory Streets at GPS: 40.271898, -81.862745. This station and the track were removed in 1969.|
|Franklin||This early town is now gone. It was on TWP-279 just SE of SR-16 (south of Tyndall) where the trestle crosses the Muskingum River in the NE part of Franklin Township. It was on the SW side of the river there. At this location the PCC&ST.L connected with a horse-drawn RR that led to the coal mines to the NW (according to 1872 maps). By the early 1900s, the town was relocated a short distance to the NW and became Tyndall.|
|Helmick Sta.||Helmick station was north of Helmick where the tracks crossed TWP-25.|
(White Eye Plains)
|The 1872 map shows a station here when the stop was called White Eye Plains.|
|Tunnel Hill||Station was dilapidated and fell over in the early 1980s.|
|Walhonding||This was a Toledo, Walhonding Valley & Ohio station.|
|Formerly known as Harrington.|
|West Lafayette||This station was on West Railroad Street just west of Kirk Street (SR-92) (GPS: 41.390622,-80.967943).|
|1898 COSHOCTON COUNTY RAILROAD MAP|
Notes About Existing Stations...
Cooperdale (CA&C) - Moved a short distance from its original location.
Coshocton (PCC&St.L) - Used as operations center for Ohio Central. This was the third station at this site having replaced an earlier PCC&St.L frame depot that burned in 1928.
Coshocton (W&LE) - This station, originally known as Hill Station, was moved south of its original location at GPS: 40.271621, -81.851145.
Fredericktown (B&O) - Moved from Fredericktown in Knox County. The original location of this station was on Mill Street just east of Main Street in Fredericktown.