|Amelia||86 West Main Street (across from Tire Discounters).
|Amelia||86 West Main Street (at SE side of property).
(GPS: 39.031059, -84.223278)
|Bethel||SE corner of South and Union Streets
(GPS: 38.958486, -84.080126)
|Loveland||127 West Loveland Avenue
(GPS: 39.267466, -84.258329)
|STATIONS OF THE PAST|
|Batavia||This station sat on the south side of Main Street. It was on the east side of the tracks.|
|Branch hill||The station in 1891 was located at the corner of Front and Bridge Streets. It was on the east side of the tracks.|
|Clifton||C&E = Cincinnati & Eastern. The station here was still standing in 1891 after this section of the C&E RR was sold/reorganized as the Cincinnati, New Richmond & Ohio River RR. That RR ceased operations in 1889 and was torn up by 1898. Clifton is now the southern part of New Richmond.|
|Cohoon||The name of this town was changed to Perintown so I am not sure if this is the same station as listed below for Perintown. This may be an older station.|
|Loveland||This station was located near the intersection of what is currently West Loveland and Railroad Avenues. Here is another photo showing a Pacific K-4 Streamlined 4-6-4 pulling into the station. Both the PRR and B&O stations occupied the northeast corner of the diamond, with the tower in the northwest quadrant. Across the tracks from the PRR station was a "railroad park" that at one time contained a turntable and water tower. The PRR tracks were removed by Conrail around 1976.|
|Loveland||These photos show the original frame B&O passenger station and its brick replacement which was built in 1907.|
|Miamiville||In 1891 the Little Miami RR station agent here was Smith Ware. The station was on the west side of Second Street on the south side of the tracks.|
|New Richmond||C&E = Cincinnati & Eastern. The station here was still standing in 1891 after this section of the C&E RR was sold/reorganized as the Cincinnati, New Richmond & Ohio River RR. That RR ceased operations in 1889 and was torn up by 1898.|
|Perintown||Although the station is gone, the section foreman's house shown in the background of this photo is still standing as of 2009.|
|Rocky Ford Stock Farm||According to the 1891 map of the county, there was a station at the Rocky Ford Farm. This was located at GPS coordinates 39.104732,-84.19575 in Batavia Township.|
|Walker's Mills||This station was just SE of Bethel near where Patterson Road curves from SE to due south.|
|Williamsburg||This station was on the NW side of 3rd Street on the SW side of the tracks (GPS: 39.056988,-84.051542).|
|1898 CLERMONT COUNTY RAILROAD MAP|
Notes About Existing Stations...
Amelia (CG&P) - The station is nearing the end of a long restoration. The restoration has been a major rebuild that is historically correct. The plan is to use it as a museum displaying CG&P & Black Line artifacts. Please contact David Pommert (513-236-2160) to see the building or to loan pictures or artifacts of the CG&P or Black Line to display.
Bethel (CG&P) - Part of the building is a chapel and part is a residence. It was the first electrified building in Bethel. As with the Mt. Washington station (Hamilton Co.), the station was passenger/freight, and also housed the electric generating equipment (sub stations) for the electric cars, and freight locos. There was a third sub station on the east side of White Oak creek in Brown county. It has been long gone, but the foundation is still in place, and in very good condition. Several railroad artifacts have been found in the area. The railroad electrified the route in 1902. Steam and electrics used the line together until 1915. After a wreck east of Amelia, steam was not allowed on the route any more. It remained electric until the line's demise in 1936.
Loveland (B&O) - Now houses the "Runner's Depot" that sells shoes and running gear. Along ex-PRR bike trail.