BROWN COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Current
Use
Date
Built
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Hamersville Wooster Avenue Near Park Street
(GPS: 38.914636,-83.980098)
P Vacant
Residence
????  Gone Brick
Mt. Orab Woodward Street and Front Street
(GPS: 39.029415,-83.916938)
C Civic 1884 In Use Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Eastwood  
Eastwood  
Georgetown The CG&P saw both steam and electric traffic. The passenger station was located on the north side of North Street near the intersection with Vine Street.
Levanna This very small station building sat on the south side of High Street between the Pisgah Run Creek bridge and Vine Street (not sure what this street is called today or if it still exists). The building may have remained there after the RR was gone.
Macon  
Mt. Orab This was the original passenger station. It later served as freight station.
Ripley This station was on the south side of Main Street between 2nd and Front. This short-lived railroad began in 1903 and operated 24 miles between N&W connection at Sardinia to Ripley. The station and tracks here were gone by 1920.
Russellville This station was on the SW corner of Columbus and Walnut Streets.
Sardinia  Station served as freight house after new passenger station was built.
Sardinia  
1898 BROWN COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

East Hamersville (CG&P) - This brick building is round because it was originally built as a kiln, but got a new roof and was subsequently used as a station. It was later used as a residence. Wooster Avenue is the old CG&P right-of-way.

Mt. Orab (N&W) - Spelled Mt. Oreb in the early days. On National Register of Historic Places. Moved to current location in 1975.